Ink wash plan of Bangalore by Robert Home drawn in 1791 during the “Siege of Bangalore”. Arriving before the town on 5 February 1791, British forces led by Earl of Cornwallis captured the town by assault on 7 February, and after six weeks of siege, stormed the fortress on 21 March.
To the north one can see Pete with its mud fortification with dry moat. To the south is the Bangalore Fort that was re-built using granite in 1761 by Hyder Ali. The Fort had 4 gates, a 30 feet deep by 30 feet wide wet moat on all sides.